CRJ 499 ALL ASSIGNMENT
Topic: Identifying the Challenge
1. For your senior project, choose one of the following major criminal justice areas: law enforcement, prisons/corrections, the courts, Homeland Security, private security, or emergency management. This component will serve as the area for which your senior project will be based.
Next, identify a challenge or area of improvement within your chosen area. (For example, one may choose corrections as the topic area and violence in prisons as the problem). Over the weeks of this course, you will progressively research, learn about, write and present on a solution to the challenge or area of improvement from both a tactical and administrative perspective. Receive approval from your professor on your chosen topic.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you address the following:
1. Outline the context of the problem or challenge, including the history and any policy decisions that have contributed to the situation.
2. Why is it important that the problem be addressed?
3. Who is impacted internally and externally?
4. Why do you feel the problem hasnt already been solved?
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
This is based off the topic from the first assignment identifying the Challenge. The topic was Mental Health in the Corrections system.
Assignment 2: Internal and External Stakeholders
Considering your chosen topic answer the following questions related to stakeholders:
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you address the following:
1. Identify the Internal and External Stakeholders.
2. Discuss how internal or external stakeholders have influenced the situation in a positive or negative way?
3. How will you consider stakeholders in your solution to the problem?
4. How will you motivate individuals to buy into your solution?
5. Use at least four (4) quality references.
Consider your chosen topic, write a 2 page paper in which you:
1. Discuss how technologies or information systems have contributed to the problem.
2. Discuss how you will propose technology be implemented into the solution.
3. Use at least 3 quality references.
Consider your chosen topic, prepare a one (1) page paper in which you:
1. Discuss what data you have collected or researched to indicate there is a problem
2. Include at least two (2) sources of data (charts, data, statistics, etc.)
3. Discuss how each data source is relevant to the problem.
4. Use at least two (2) quality references.
PLEASE USE AS A GUIDE OR REWRITE TO MAKE IT YOURS