Assignment: Strengths Finder
In this Assignment, you will complete Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment. This assessment will identify your personal strengths, which have been shown to improve motivation, engagement, and academic self-conference. Through this assessment, you will discover your top five themes—which you can reflect upon and use to leverage your talents for optimal success. After you take the assessment, you will have the opportunity to schedule an optional coaching session with the Walden Career Services Center.
Please Note: This Assessment will take roughly 30 minutes to complete.
To take the Assessment, visit http://walden.gallup.com. Using the Guidance Document Resource(s) for the Strengths Finder Assignment, follow the instructions for setting up an account. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the link into your web browser.
- Once you have completed your assessment, you will receive your “Top 5 Signature Themes of Talent” on your screen.
- Click the Download button below Signature Theme Report, and then print and save the report. We also encourage you to select the Apply tab to review action items.
- Please keep your report. You will need your results for future courses.
Technical Issues with Gallup:
If you have technical issues after registering, please contact the Gallup Education Support group by phone at +1.866-346-4408. Support is available 24 hours/day from 6:00 p.m. Sunday U.S. Central Time through 5:00 p.m. Friday U.S. Central Time.
Note: In grading every required paper, your Instructor uses an Assignment Rubric. Review the Rubric prior to completing your assignment.
To complete assignment:
- Take the Gallup’s StrengthsFinder assessment, and get your results. Then, reflect upon them, and respond to the following questions in your paper.
Submit a 4- to 5-page paper (not including title page and references), to include the following:
- Title page
- Section headers for each of the following required sections:
- What were your top five identified themes?
- Describe a challenge that you faced and how you used three of your top strengths to take action and reach a desired outcome.
- How can you use this understanding to add value to your role as a scholar practitioner?
- How will this understanding help you add value to your current or future organization?
- What will you do differently tomorrow as a result of this report?
- Describe your current motivations for pursuing your degree.
- Describe your personal goals and your vision as a public health or health education professional.
- Cite the sources within your text where you refer to them, using APA format.
- Include a reference list using APA format.