Working with Families
As professionals working with children, two of our most important jobs are building relationships with families and helping them to find the resources they need. When we establish relationships with families, it allows us to share ideas, strategies, and resources with them that will support their needs. For your assignment this week, you will write a three- to four-page paper that addresses the following:
- Discuss importance of building relationships with families.
- Explain three research-based strategies to build relationships with families. One of these strategies must be for working with families who live in poverty and be supported by the “Helping the Most Vulnerable Infants, Toddlers, and Their Families” article.
- Analyze which parenting styles these strategies will align with and provide a rationale as to why.
- Describe at least one resource, for each of the three strategies you shared, that you will use in your work with children and their families.
- Assignment Length: Your written paper must be at least three to four pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Title Page: Inclusion of a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Source Requirement: References three scholarly sources in addition to the text. All sources included in the reference list must be cited in the portfolio.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment, which includes citations in the body of the assignment, the title page, and references list, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion and submit in Waypoint for evaluation no later than Day 7.