In this unit, you will be creating a viable strategic plan for your organization.
Educational program planning is the act of getting various professionals involved in collecting good information and then using that information to make smart decisions about long-range and short-range future changes. You are to develop a proposed list of tasks for a strategic plan for a specific PreK–12 school district, a higher education program, or a corporate university. In your proposal, you need to establish a strategic planning committee made of the major stakeholders of the school or college (teachers, parents, school council, community advisors, etc.).
Your proposal will include but not be limited to the following essential elements of a typical strategic plan.
You should complete certain elements such as the mission statement while other elements should have proposed methods for their completion. It is important that your strategic plan attempts to meet the needs of your organization and conforms to its organizational structure. Make sure to complete the following:
- Establish the strategic planning committee members and their roles.
- Create a mission statement.
- Create a list of strategic goals and objectives.
- Determine methods that will assist the committee to examine current programs and develop new programs.
- Determine several possible curriculum-planning initiatives.
- Determine the tools for gathering input from all stakeholders.
- Determine the tools for environmental scanning that can identify potential program opportunities.
- Determine the methods that will assist the committee to collect financial and demographic factors including the following:
- Pupil–teacher ratios
- Costs of instruction
- Attendance rates
- Determine assessment of property values per child or assessment of funding sources.
- Determine the methods to generate a system to monitor progress.
- use this university for the educational program The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley