Part 1: Government websites by State/local questions from Governing Cal. State & Local Governments-3
Your task is Search for government website within from your LA county district#
Submit (3) websites relevant to (3) questions from readings documents, Governing Cal. State & Local Governments-3 below:
Choose 3 questions choices from the following:
- Example of local government’s Legal Framework: general-law v. charter? search (1) either a city or school district or special district within your County # map, click Zipcode Map
- Example of a Los Angeles County government One type of service website?
- Example of the LAFCo’s role, incorporation process, website?
- Example of a City government services website? within your County # map, click Zipcode Map
- Example of a City Government representation system, mayor-council vs. council-manager system? within your County # map, click Zipcode Map
- Example of a County limited -purpose of Special districts,
- Example of a regional government and the problem it addresses?
The Process? Search government websites based on Three (3) of the above bullet point or questions,
NOTE: the above questions are from module 3 click, Governing Cal. State & Local Governments
Source for the websites either google the name of the Local government from The map or use the LA County website click https://lacounty.gov/government/
Part 2: Census and Demographics
Three website guides — Submit (2) websites and data relevant to the above (3) government websites Above:
County Statistics is an option:
- Go to the Los Angeles County, click https://lacounty.gov/government/ > Census 2020 >
- Once on 2020 Census click top of the page tab resources > additional resource > census maps & profiles by county district number [your group # zipcode map] click, https://census.lacounty.gov/
- Zipcodes, map, and stat is a good start to review demographic and other activity within [your group # zipcode map]
Equity website on economic, earnings outcomes option:
–Background story to the website: click, NPR story (Links to an external site.)
(or copy/paste to URL: https://www.npr.org/2018/11/12/666993130/zipcode-destiny-the-persistent-power-of-place-and-education )
Review for terms and possible national topic (left column) that may apply to your zip codes,
Equity website on broad demographic, economic, readiness option:
Click TAB INDICATORs > demographics and equity dropbox
General Los Angeles County data by Zipcode option
Go to Additional Database: Los Angeles click, http://www.laalmanac.com/cities/ci99a.php
Since 1998, the Los Angeles Almanac has been a unique online reference devoted to providing statistical and narrative information about the people, places, and stories that make up the incredible panorama of Los Angeles County.
Did you include state/local group #. click, People
How do I view my Canvas groups as a student?
- does the submission include:
- (3) government websites ? Are the websites of governments within the LA county board district = your group #?
- (3) URL/links of each of the website by question example?
- (3) labeles or Titles
Are the government website(s) relevant to the questions? Explain with a note/sentence “how you found the site/relevant answer”
Part 2 census/demographic
- Did you include at least (2) two (website sources)? with url/links?
- zip code?
- Example of Data category that interested you?
Title your selection, i.e., the demographics, equality, and location, & Zipcode and how you found the data about people, economic status within your group# district, or Los Angeles County?