TOPIC 4: Community Health Needs Assessment Report
This assignment is a follow-up to the previous Topic 3 (TOPIC: Data Collection Method)
The purpose of this assignment is to apply the public health nursing practice model in order to write a community needs assessment report. Utilizing the data collected from your Topic 3 (TOPIC: Data Collection Method) chosen population, write a 1,000-1,200 word community needs assessment report with the following information:
- A description of the community or population researched.
- Explanation of current data available.
- Summary of health needs identified through analysis of data.
- Description of the data collection method planned for collecting secondary data.
- Description of at least one key health issue/need from a nursing diagnosis, including the micro, meso, and macro level.
- Summary of at least one social determinant of the health issue identified.
- Brief outline of a plan for addressing the chosen health need.
Include up to five resources in your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Read Chapters 16-17 in Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community.
Read “Addressing Social Determinants of Health Inequities Through Settings: A Rapid Review,” by Newman, Baum, Javanparast, O’Rourke, and Carlon, from Health Promotion International (2015). URL: https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=110787643&site=ehost-live&scope=site
Read “Community Health Assessment Toolkit,” from Association for Community Health Improvement (2017). URL: http://www.healthycommunities.org/Resources/toolkit.shtml#.W5bRG9iWwS-
Read “Assessment and Planning Models, Frameworks and Tools,” by the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support (2015), located on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. URL: https://www.cdc.gov/stltpublichealth/cha/assessment.html