Using examples, write an essay (350- 400 words) to support a generalization on social network sites, a generalization such as SNS are structured as personal (or “egocentric”) networks, with the individual at the center of their own community.
1. Formulate a thesis.
2. Ask yourself questions to come up with supporting details for your thesis.
3. Look over the material generated by your questioning and decide what your three main points will be.
4. Decide on the order of your supporting paragraphs. If one of your main points seems stronger than the others, consider making it the final point in the body of the essay.
5. Decide whether to use one extended example or two or three brief examples to support each main point.
6. Prepare a scratch outline for your essay. To find your main points and supporting examples, draw on details generated by your questioning. Consider the following diagram to help you visualize what your essay can look like.
7. Write the first draft of your essay.
8. Revise the essay according to FOUR BASES Checklist for Exemplification on page 248.